Slide List Page Five
Slide Lists for October 25 to ?
- Church of Santa Maria de Naranco. Oviedo, first half of 8th century.
- Maius. Woman Clothed with the Sun. From the Morgan Beatus, circa 940-945.
- Monastery and Church of St. Martin-du-Canigou. French Pyrenees, begun 1001.
- Interior view of the above.
- Vault and dome diagrams:
- The barrel vault
- The groin vault
- The squinch
- The pendentive
- The church of San Vincente. Interior views including the nave. Cardona, Spain, circa 1020-1040.
- Christ and the Apostles, relief on the lintel of the Church of St. Genis-des-Fontaines.
- Plans and reconstruction of Cluny II, 10th century.
- St. Philibert, Tournos, France, circa 1000. Plan, narthex, and nave.
Scandinavian and English Architecture and Art
- Stave church at Urnes.
Carved portal and wall details, 12th century.
- King Edgar presenting the charter to Christ. New Minister Charter, Winchester, 966.
- The Marys at the Tomb from the Benedictional of St. Ethelwold, Winchester, circa 980.
- Pope Gregory the Great. The frontispiece to Gregory's Letters. The Gregory Master, 983-984.
- Otto III between representations of Church and State. From the Gospel of Otto III, circa 1000.
- St. Luke from the Gospels of Otto III.
- Presentation page with Abbess Hitda and Saint Walpurga Hitda Gospels. Early 11th century.
- The Gero Crucifix. Cologna Cathedral, 970.
- Diptych with Moses, and Thomas and Christ. Ivory, circa 990 or 1050.
- Monastery Church of St. Michael, Hildesheim, Germany, 1001-1015. Plan, view of nave and aisles.
- Hildesheim, Bishop Bernward :
the bronze doors. Circa 1015.
- Hildesheim, Bishop Bernward : The bronze spiral column with scenes from the life of Christ.
Introduction to Romanesque Art
The Empire and the Papacy :Italy
- Rainer of Huy. Baptismal font. 1107-1118. Bronze.
- The Church of
Sant'Angelo in Formis, Monte Cassino. Details, including Desiderius offering the Church to
- The Church of San Clemente, Rome.
View of the interior, showing the Cosmati floor. Originally from the 4th century, rebuilt after
1084, consecrated 1128. Also" the
- The Mithraeum
beneath the church of San Clemente.
- San Miniato al
Monte, Florence. 1062-1150.
- Another site for San Miniato
- Pisa Cathedral and
the well-known Cathedral Complex.
- Virtual Reality Cathedral Complex.
- Bonanno's bronze doors at the
Cathedral of Pisa. After 1187. Some of Bonanno's
- The Three Magi from Pisa.
- The Cathedral of Modena.
1099-1120. The facade.
- Lions of the Cathedral
of Modena 1099-1120.
- The Creation of Eve. Relief sculpture. By Wiligelmo. Early
- Adam and Eve Expelled
from Paradise Wiligelmo, Modena.
- More Modena sculpture by Wiligelmo.
- Church of S. Ambrogio, Milan.
- Sant'Ambrogio, Milan 11th and 12th
- Sant'Ambrogio : view of the
Spanish and French Romanesque
- Church of San Clemente,
Tahull, Catalonia, Spain. Early 12th century.
- Christ in Glory. From the apse of the
Church of San Clemente, 1128.
- Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela
as it was in the medieval period (a drawing).
Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela as it is today.
Groundplan of the Cathedral of Santiago de Commpostela, also showing modern additions.
- Transept interior of the Cathedral
- Puerta de las Platerias,
south transept, Cathedral of Santiago do Compostela, circa 1070-1120.
- El Camino de SantiagoThe
UCLA Web site that documents the pilgrimage road that stretches from Paris, Vezelay, Arles, and
other cities to Santiago de Compostela in Spain.
- A present-day pilgrimage to
Santiago de Compostela
Sculpture at St. Sernin, Toulouse
Church of the Madeleine, Vezelay.
St. Pierre, Moissac
St. Etienne, Caen
Durham Cathedral, England
Bonanno. Adam and Eve in Paradise from his doors for
the Cathedral of Monreale, 1187.
Above right: Painted ceiling above the nave
of St. Michael's, Hildesheim, 1001-1033.
Click for larger view.
Back to Page Four!
On to Page Six!
Back to the Front Page
This Web Site Created and Maintained by Adrienne DeAngelis