- St. Denis. Note Abbot Suger's building at the west and east ends, 1137-1144. Nave and transept date from the 13th century. The design of the choir and the use of stained glass.
- Chartres Cathedral. Building history : 1134-1513. Sculpture on the exterior (compare with Vezelay); the Royal Portal "(West Facade); mid-12th century. The South Porch : Christ as Teacher in the tympanum and the Beau Dieu trumeau. Completed 1263. Note also the stained glass.
- Laon Cathedral. 1165-1215.
- Laon and Paris compared.
Art of the Year 1200
There is now an enormous number of sources for Hildegard of (von) Bingen; check the Web for more information.
- Hildegard's biography in the Catholic Encyclopedia (1910)
- On the Life and Works of Hildegard of Bingen. Includes a brief biography and discography.
Herrard of Landsberg (d. 1195)
- Hortus Deliciarum. Edited and partially composed by Herrard.
- Pentecost with Mary from the ingeborg Psalter. Before 1210.
This is the famous exhibition: New York, Metropolitan Museum of Art, "The Year 1200," 12 February-10 May 1970.
- The "Cloisters Cross" Centerpiece of the "The Year 1200" exhibition in 1970.
- Cathedral of Senlis With several photos of the west facade.
- Verdun Altarpiece By Nicolas of Verdun, in the Stiftmuseum, Klosterneuburg, 1181. Gold and enamel.
- St. Trophime, France. Portal on the west facade, second half of the 12th century.