Ailinas Inn of Newport, R.I
One of the Finest Bed and Breakfast Establishments In Newport, RI.
27 Mann Avenue
Newport, RI 02840
Providing quality lodging to returning and new guests in a homey atmosphere for almost two decades. Within walking distance to Thames Street, with it's historic downtown Newport waterfront. A short drive to all major beaches and mansions.
Walkable blocks from:
- Newport Historical Society museum
- Touro Synagogue (1763) Oldest synagogue on N. American continent.
- Trinity Church (1726) George Washington worshipped here in Pew 81.
- numerous other houses of worship from the 18th thru 20th centuries
- Old Colony & Newport Railroad terminal
- movie theatres
- Washington Square with it's Old Colony House (1739) & Brick Market (1762)
- antique shops, shops, shops!
- Old Stone Mill in Touro Park
- The Redwood Library (1748) Oldest continuously used library in America.
- Tourist information bureau
- Newport Chamber of Commerce
- numerous nightclubs and restaurants
- Long Warf and Newport's harbor front
- Newport Amory (1741)
- charter fishing boats
- bus tours
- bicycle & moped rentals
- post office
- police station
- drug and convienence stores
Close proximity to:
- International Tennis Hall of Fame and Museum (1880)
- Cliff Walk and it's Forty Steps
- First, Second, Third and Gooseberry beaches
- Fort Adams State Park (1799)
- bus lines
- Jai Alai
- mansions: Marble House, The Breakers,Chateau-Sur-Mer, The Elms, Rosecliff, Kingscot, Belcourt Castle, etc.
- snorkle and SCUBA dive shops
- Ocean Drive
- St. Mary's church (1849) Jackie and JFK's wedding site, September 12, 1953.
- Newport Country Club and Green Valley golf courses
- Hammersmith Farm (1887) Jackie's home and JFK's Summer White House.
- Salve Regina University
- Brenton Point State Park
- Norman Bird Sanctuary and Museum
- Sachuest Point Wildlife Refuge
- Purgatory Chasm
- more antique stores, shopping, restaurants, night spots, etc.
The house is relatively new as far as structures go in Newport, being a Queen Anne, patterned shingle style, gabled workman's cottage built in 1875. Some of the original gas lighting wall outlets are still found in the third floor bedroom although the house was electrified quite some time ago. The Ailinas is furnished with a wide variety of antiques along with contemporary amenities. Eileen's clientel hail from all over the world. The guests often gather in the kitchen over a continental breakfast to compare notes and swap stories about their adventures in and about Newport. The quaintly furnished full front porch is often used for a late afternoon rest from the day's activities and to make plans before an evening on the town. Guests share full bath facilities off the second floor bedrooms. Children are welcome on occasions. Smoking is restricted to the front porch. No pets please. Cash, personal checks and traveler cheques all accepted.
The Ailinas takes its name from one of the proprietor's favorite world travel spots, Hawaii. "Ailinas" is Hawaiian for "Eileen." She is a proud member of the Newport Bed & Breakfast Association and the Newport County Convention and Visitors Bureau. Eileen is the mother of 5 and grandmother of 11. Being a native Newporter, your hostess Eileen has a wealth of information to help make your stay in Newport an informed and most pleasant one. Please give her a call. (401)847-3909