To: Online Birth Center ** Midwifery Today **
Search the Online Birth Center!
Online Birth Center New Items:
Birth, pregnancy, breastfeeding, midwifery,
women's health and other health-related topics
Member of the Internet Link Exchange
Added November 18, 1996
- Obstetric Myths Versus Research Realities by Henci Goer is a must read book for anyone who wants to know what research says about birth. The material on the web includes the entire chapter on episiotomy.
- Spirit-Led Childbirth offers a free catalog of birthing and parenting supplies. Plus, the web site has specials on a baby food grinder and fetoscope.
- The Mother is Me magazine, An Alternative Publication on the Motherhood Experience
- Info on Specific Topics
- Do vaccines really work and are they safe?
- Information on postpartum doulas
- Info on alternative therapy for women who have suffered from multiple miscarriage.
- Herpes Alternatives: Information about safer sex, herpes tests, support groups and more.
- Learn about the Biosafe DNA Identity Record, a complete kit for registering your child's DNA. -- a safe, simple and inexpensive way to ensure that your child can be positively identified
- in the event of any emergency.
- Info on Diagnosing Gestational Diabetes from ParentsPlace.com's Ask the Midwife .
- Dancing Thru Pregnancy Their director is the author of the new chapter on women and exercise in Varney's Midwifery (3rd ed.).
- General Pregnancy/Childcare Resource Sites Sites
- Baby Bag Online has Birth Announcements, Health & Safety Info, Parenting Info, Feeding & Nutrition , Pregnancy & Childbirth, and lots more.
- NewBaby.com - The Internet Nursery: an on-line birth announcement service that features an extensive list of baby and parenting related sites
- Tammi LaTorre's Pregnancy, Childbirth, Breastfeeding & Parenting Resource Page, including The Internet Directory of Pregnancy, Childbirth, & Breastfeeding Services
- CMLOWE Programs and Resources for Birth and Beyond: The site for... doulas, birth support providers, childbirth, labor, pain, birth ball, pregnancy, postpartum, VBAC, cesarean, parenting, education, books, training, hypnosis, perinatal fitness, CPEA, BSPI, and more!!
- Other Resources
- Mac Sites
- Apple Computer
- MacMom, a site for adult women, especially mothers, who already have the computers but don't use them themselves because of techophobic fear.
Added July 28, 1996
Added July 16, 1996
- The Baby Calculator for Windows users is designed to help parents-to-be keep track of special dates such as each trimester, conception date, and due date. Pictures show the different stages of the baby's development with a written description of what is taking place during that time period. By Lewis Kopp & Koppware. Download The Baby Calculator
- If you're a woman who has had children, please participate in the "Mother's Health Survey", and help document the effects that bottle feeding or breast feeding (past or current) may have on a mother's health.
- Check out Glad Rags, cotton, reusable menstrual pads.
Added June 4, 1996
- Do you have, or know someone who has, arteriovenous malformation (AVM) in the uterus? Cath Fisher wants to contact others with this condition.
- Pregnancy and Birth
- Go to Motherhood Adjustment Services for information about Pre and Pospartum Adjustment Disorders.
- The guidelines published by the SOGC (Society of Ob/Gyn of Canada) are available through SOGCNet. The goal of this project to to link delivery facilities across Canada & provide access (in French & English) to clinical practice guidelines. You need to contact A+B Computer Systems to have your personal SOGCNet login account and password established. A toll free number 1-800-682-6930 is available for technical support (Mon-Sat 1200-1800hr EST). I don't know the price, but it's in Canadian dollars.
- Women's Health
- Visit SassyFemme for lots of good woman's links, including a section on women's health.
- Plumeus Inc.'s site offers a free evaluation copy of a computerized menstrual calendar and planner. 2% of their profits go to breast cancer research.
- Family and Children
- Faces of Adoption is a powerful site and a wonderful resource for people wanting to adopt children. Be forwarned, there are few infants, and many of the children have emotional and/or physical problems. But if your heart is big enough, you just might find the next member of your family.
- Thiskid's shareware site includes some programs for very small children. (I even found a few that I can use with Olivia, my infant granddaugher!)
Added May 15, 1996
Added May 6, 1996
Added April 28, 1996 (All outside links)
- Complications and Problems in Pregnancy and Birth
- Pregnancy, Homebirth, Babies
- Transformations: Live Support and Recovery groups including
medical, mental health and 12 Step topics, information and more!
Online Birth Center ** Midwifery Today **
Search the Online Birth Center!