To: Online Birth Center ** Midwifery Today ** New Items
General Health and Medical Information
Many of these sites to offer information from a western, high-tech point of view. If you prefer a different point of view, check out the Alternative Health Resources.
- Baylor College of Medicine Ob-Gyn pages
- The Center for Disease control has information on various topics, including
- MedWeb: Gynecology
- Naturally Healthy: A Women's Health Page
- The department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at University of Missouri-Columbia's home page includes info about General OBGYN, Oncology, Prenatal care, and infertility. Be sure to check out the "Other WWW Servers" selection.
- The OB-GYN-L and its archives (Alternate site)
- Sexual Health Issues is a subpage of Women's Health Resources
- Women's health website from the Atlanta Reproductive Health Center (Mark Perloe, M.D.) includes information on fertility problems, birth control, and PMS.
- Welsh Protocol for Maternal and Early Child Health is a draft public policy put online for comments.
"The first Welsh Protocol for Health Gain was published in August 1991, setting a
ten-year strategy for the maternity and child health services. Four years later, the
work is being 'enhanced'. A part of this involves revisiting the targets set, and we hope for responses andsuggestions from interested/informed organizations and individuals worldwide."
- InterNurse, the Web site
- HealthWorld Online presents natural and conventional health information for both consumers and health practitioners. Included is access to Medline
- Scientific Data, Surveillance, and Health Statistics allows you to download reports. These reports are in the .pdf format, so you'll need Adobe acrobat reader to view them. However, this is free and they provide information on how to get it.
- The CenterWatch Clinical Trials Listing Service is an international listing of clinical research trials. It may be used to search for clinical trials, find out information about physicians and medical centers performing clinical research, and to learn about drug therapies newly approved by the Food and Drug Administration. Their Additional Health Resources has links to a wide variety of health topics: from AIDs to diabetes to schizophrenia.
- The Cochrane Collaboration: Preparing, maintaining and disseminating systematic reviews of the effects of health care
- Choroby cywilizacyjne i spoleczne has links to a wide variety of health resources.
- The Cyberspace Hospital, a project of the National
University of Singapore, is still under construction, but very interesting. Its links are organized into medical specialty departments using a virtual hospital setting.
- The Health Education Training Centers Alliance of Texas South Central Region
- Prototype of the Global Health Center, which will provide online consultation services and information for the health concerns of the public across the world on a non-commercial basis. It will provide a gateway to health information databases available on the WWW and the Internet as well as a Consultation Center through which members of the public can directly interact (real-time and email) with medical professionals about their health concerns. The Center can also act as a `space' for health professionals themselves to interact with each other.
- LUXEMBOURG HEALTH SERVER SANTEL.
- MacLean Center for Clinical Medical Ethics
- Med Help International
- MedWeb: Biomedical Internet Resources is a good collection of resources
- TOM'S GUIDE TO GOOD LIVIN', complied by Tom Heston, MD (Tom@Heston.Com)
- Nursing and Related Web Servers
- Nursing and Health Care Links Page
- The Rural Medical Computer Network
- The Urbana Atlas of Pathology
Online Birth Center ** Midwifery Today ** New Items