IPF is in the public domain and certain conditions apply. The terms in which it is released are described in the section "Notice to Non-BPA Users" in each of the IPF manuals.
NOTICE TO NON-BPA USERS:
The Bonneville Power Administration (BPA) releases BPA-developed computer programs under the following conditions:
1. BPA does not charge for program development costs; however, a fee to cover costs incurred in answering inquiries is assessed against the organization receiving the material. This fee typically includes costs for personnel and computer resources, reproduction, shipping, and postage.
2. BPA cannot provide assistance with conversion to other computers or consulting services to the program users.
3. In consideration of receipt and acceptance of these programs or portions thereof, if sold, assigned, or transferred to another organization, you and your organization agree to advise any third-party recipient in writing that the program(s) and/or documentation are in the public domain and available from BPA. The intent of this agreement is to ensure that BPA-developed or supplied programs, and/or documentation, whether in whole or in part, that are in the public domain, are identified as such to recipients.
Neither BPA nor any person acting on behalf of BPA:
1. Makes any warranty or representation, expressed or implied, with respect to the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of the information contained in this report, or that the use of any information, apparatus, method, or process disclosed in this report may not infringe upon privately owned rights; or
2. Assumes any liability with respect to the use of, or for damages resulting from the use of any information, apparatus, method or process disclosed in this report.