Raymond J. Cesaletti
798 Lawrence #1
Eugene, Or. 97401-2445
Computer and Internet Skills:
- I have salvaged, assembled, refurbished and repaired many Internet machines, from MS-DOS based systems, through Windows 95/98.
- assembled, under the auspices of OPN/efn, two Accessible Public Terminals. These machines are equiped with soundcards and screenreading software, which make them accessible to the blind and visually impaired.
- Installed 8-station, GUI, Internet classroom at efn.
- Assembled, delivered and installed efn Lending Library machines. Coached recipients on basic computer maintenance routines.
- Although not a computer programmer, I write standard, "accessible" HTML, on the fly.
- Have performed many onsite Internet setups, as a volunteer for efn and as a freelance consultant.
- Have installed and configured several Internet connected LAN machines at efn.
- Member: efn "nerds" online user support team. 1996-present.
- Served for more than a year as an Internet Public Access Center (IPAC) volunteer at the Eugene Public Library. Provided proactive user support. Often enough, this involved guiding and encouraging users who did not type and had never used a mouse.
- As a freelance consultant and tutor, I specialize in personal instruction on Internet computer setup and general computer use and maintenance. Several of my clients have been people with disabilities.
- Since 1996, I have worked as a volunteer with efn. My duties have included all phases of the day-to-day operation of the network. I sign up new accounts, take care of problems with existing ones and field call-in and walk-in user support requests.
Accessible Public Terminal Project:
- Lead-person - Assembled and configured Public Access Terminals for the blind and visually impaired.
- Conducted software and hardware research and selection.
- Trained and worked with vounteers in the use and support of these stations.
- Author: Eugene Freenet Accessible Public Terminal homepage, http://www.efn.org/~visaidpa.
- Accessibility Coordinator: OPN/efn
OPN/efn "Classes" project:
- EFN-101: instructor and committee member in Unix shell account class being offered by OPN/efn.
- Lead Person: Installation and setup of Current efn, GUI, Internet classes project.
Southern Oregon Fair Housing Project
- Webmaster, Online Information System Manager, Internet instructor for the
Southern Oregon Fair Housing Project . April, 1998 - January, 1999.
- Renovation and updating of existing website.
- Training and support for staffers at Centers for Independant Living, in Southern Oregon.
The Southern Oregon Fair Housing Project contracts with the U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Developement (HUD) to provide education and outreach services.
Opn/efn Governing Council:
OPN/efn Council member, since 11/96.
Sales Manager: Solar Energy Systems.
Trained sales staff to prospect, qualify, present and close.
B/A, Psychology. John Carroll University, Cleveland, Ohio.