Shava Nerad's Homepage (since 1995)
My paper from Ignite Boston 2
on convergence of virtual worlds, social networks, and gaming communities is now available at
the draft Indigenis homepage.
And I am here talking about Burma's
Internet going dark for BoingBoingTV, based on my correspondence with Xeni
and this Iconoclasm article on Burma.
Same talk as Ignite Boston but longer at Podcamp Boston in October, plus a talk on cluetrain marketing for web 3D/personal branding
Hat tip to Xeni for putting me on the front page of
(My blog article on Quechup is actually on Gather.com.)
and inducing me to put a quick update on this page
for the first time since April 2004...! Something about cobbler's children comes to mind...
Some of the important things in my life:
- my kid, Joseph, is starting high school. Needless to say his personal page is *waaaay* out of date.
He's starting at Somerville High next week, and we're doing "sidecar" homeschooling in the off hours.
He is reading over 1000 pages of fiction a week and likes to play computer games -- he's an ace strategist and tactician.
He thinks he might want to go into biomed -- sensory prostheses. Or history. Or...
- I'm engaged to an enchanting magician. A friend tells me, the only thing he's sure
of when he taps me for an update on my life, is that he won't be able to predict what I'm doing. Me neither! How lovely.
- I'm Development Director for The Tor Project half time...
- ...while in the first stages of starting up Indigenis
(site in draft -- we're filing our LLC paperwork next week!), a marketing and business strategy
group working at the intersection of virtual worlds, social networking, and gaming communities.
We do Second Life work, too!
- I'm blogging mostly at Gather, where I'm a paid news and opinion correspondent with
my Iconoclasm columns.
- ...and I'm getting some nice attention for my Second Life Business Review blog.
- Look for me as shava23 on twitter, and Shava Suntzu in Second Life, too!
vitae is a
out of date. It goes back a ways. I've been a professional on the
1982. Does it make me a net.personality, if my NIC handle has no
it? Twenty-five years last March!
Contrary to popular rumor, Helen, Queen of the Internet was not based on me
(she's blonde, I'm a redhead, that proves it!), but you can still visit her
Last modified: September 4, 2007
Original materials (c)
1995-2007 All rights reserved (and negotiable -- creative commons coming soon) Shava Nerad
These are *my*
opinions and such.